Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation - First Impression

 
Today I am doing a first impressions blog post on Smashbox studio skin foundation .This is my second 'first impression' blog post on foundation on my blog(click here to view first foundation first impression)  . My first one is the most viewed blogpost on my blog . Basically what I do is buy a new foundation , try it out for a day and write what I think about the foundation , pretty straight forward .
 
 
 I never heard much about this foundation which was why I was interested to try it out . Hoping that for the money , it would be worth it . This foundation claims to do it all , its supposed to control oil , last 15 hours and hydrate the skin . Smashbox is a great high quality make up brand that apparently test all there products out infront of hd cameras and lights to make sure there make up brand products are picture perfect . Which this one actually is . It came off lovely in the photos I took. I don't understand how though because it was terrible in real life . Even my mother commented on how bad my foundation was looking .
Just Applied Photos
 
 
 
 
 
The texture of this foundation is really strange , it almost feels like a gel and is kind of tacky on the skin .Maybe thats there way of keeping it on the skin .It has a slightly thick texture. I have normal/dry skin more on the dry side recently . I applied it using a stippling brush on completely bare skin to test the foundations true longevity without a primer .The weird thing about this foundation is that it says its hydrating ? I don't think so . Its made parts of my skin look like the Sahara desert . The foundation has a medium to full coverage and a Satin Matte finish . It lasted pretty well throughout the day covering my red cheeks but it did start to get a little patchy near the end of the day . It stayed matte all day no need for any powder. It comes in a glass 30ml bottle with a pump .It has no spf so no camera flash back .
 
                                                                       15 hours later
 
 
 

 
Over all I wasn't too impressed with this foundation , for the price (£29) I don't think it was up to the standard . I wasn't impressed with the finish of the foundation it just did nothing for my skin.  It is just my first impression though so we shall see , I'll probably have a full review on it on mention it again in a future blog post .
 
 
Alannah x
 
 

No comments