Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation - Review

 
I have been using Mac Studio Fix Fluid for a while now and thought it was about time I did a review on it . Its a really popular foundation here in Ireland , mainly for the fact that Irish girls love heavy coverage foundation to hide our rosy cheeks .

This foundation comes in a 30ml glass bottle with no pump . You have to buy the pump separately which is annoying but it saves pouring too much out and it going to waste .

 
There is spf 15 in it which is pretty standard , not too much so there isn't any harsh flash back . The coverage of this foundation is definitely full . It has a matte finish but I always set it with a translucent setting powder to keep it in place . Use a light hand when applying because it is easy to go overboard and look like you could chisel off your make up . The smell is something a lot of people hate about this foundation , it doesn't really bother me that much . The smell is kind of like paint .

I wouldn't wear this foundation on and everyday basis because my skin would not be able to handle it but for a night out it's a staple .Nc20, Nc25 and Nc35 are my most used shades in my kit and match fake tan really well .They have a huge range of skin tone colours .  I have never had a problem with this foundation coming off what so ever . My favourite way to apply it is with a stippling brush or a beauty blender for a more natural look . I find myself using a lot of product because of the thick consistency not blending out much .

This foundation retails at £22 and the pump costs £4.50. A cheaper alternative is the Maybelline Superstay 24hour Foundation (£8.99) , which may I say might even have better staying power .
 
 
I am wearing this foundation in the pictures shown . I have setting powder on , highlighter above my cheekbones , tip of my nose ,cupid's bow , a little blusher on and some bronzer . Also if you look on my Instagram (alannahharriganmua) this foundation is what is used on most of my make up looks .
 
 
Is there any foundations you would like me to try out or review ?
 
Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a lovely week .
Alannah x

1 comment

  1. This seems so lovely, I used to use the match master foundation from MAC before as well, but now I've jumped over to NARS :)

    ReplyDelete