London Imats 2012, 2013 - Pictures , Experiences

Imats London was last weekend so I decided to write a blog post all about Imats . I couldn't go this year but I did attend Imats in 2012 and 2013. If you have no idea what Imats is it stands for the International Make up Artist Trade Show an event with all things make up , demonstrations , make up stalls , make up competitions , make up heaven basically .

2012


I first went in 2012 with my friend Ailbhe and both of are mothers because we where to young to go to London ourselves . We both had a countdown written in are school book and counted down every day till the day we where going , I was beyond excited . We were/are both obsessed with make up and youtube so all we talked about was the make up we where going to buy and the youtubers we might bump into . We went both days , some of the popular make up products (Nyx milk pencil was a big thing then ) were sold out on the Saturday but restocked on Sunday . Sunday was also not as crowded which was nice . It was in Alexander Palace in London that year and in February (I think) . We meet a few beauty bloggers including Samie (BeautyCrush) and Gracie Francesca on the Saturday.

Outside of Imats
 
1st Place Winner
 
 
 
Picture taken with blogger/youtuber Gracie Francesca
 
 
 
2013
 
In 2013 me and my friend Ailbhe went to Imats again with two other friends . We only decided to go to Imats for one day , which was the Sunday . It definitely was busier then the Sunday the year before but I would say it was still not as busy as Saturday . We seen no Youtubers or Bloggers at it that Sunday and I actually think popular Youtubers/Bloggers are banned from Imats because the people running it don't want fans crowding around . In 2013 it was July time and ever since then it has been  summer time when Imats London is on.


 
 
... on a buildsight after Imats .... long story
 
 
 Its nice to see make up brands that are harder to get here in Ireland and you have an so much choice of make up  .I loved Imats and London as a city . Any make up lovers will have such a good time at it .
 
 
Imats is in New York , La , Sydney , Toronto , Vancover and London every year .
 
 
 
I cant wait till my next trip to imats and really cant recommend it enough . As a make up fanatic , it really gives me so much inspiration and ambition for my own career in the make up industry .
 
Thanks for reading ,
Alannah x
 

No comments